Haul & Review : Summer Skincare & Beauty Needs
I've never been a skincare or beauty person but I think I'm slowly becoming one. Which is not a bad thing because I stick to the basics. Nothing too fancy or unfamiliar, and most importantly, nothing too expensive. I live a frugal life so if I buy something, you can guarantee that it has gone through some serious research (aka review reading/watching) and price comparisons.
Just to be clear I did not buy all these in one go. I bought them two or three at a time because I wanted to know more about the product before I buy them. I can't afford to waste my money just because, I have to shop smart! ;)
Anyway, the real reason I bought these stuff is because I've recently experienced major sunburn on my face and body. It was during my trip to Puerto Galera (to cover the Malasimbo event) and I went overboard by toasting myself under the sun without sunscreen. #tanga I achieved the color I wanted for my skin but only for a day. The next day my whole face was red, felt hot, and became super sensitive. And it's all because I did not use sunscreen.
Luckily, I found these products!
- Himalaya's Aloe & Cucumber Refreshing Body Lotion contains Aloe Vera and cucumber the cools and soothes the face and body. Perfect lotion for a mean sunburn or if you just want your skin to be more hydrated and soft.
- Garnier' s Pure Active Exfoliating Facial Foam is the only cleanser that has worked for my super oily skin. I rarely get pimples now and surprisingly, the solution is not harsh at all.
- Vaseline Body Serum SPF30 is a whitening lotion, a daily whitening sunblock lotion to be exact. It whitens and protects you from the sun!
- Belo SunExpert Face Cover SPF40 is the perfect sunblock for my face. It did not give me pimples and has kept my skin moisturized throughout my days at the beach.
- L'Oreal Revitalift Day Cream and Aqua Milky Toner are anti-ageing products (yes girls, start as early as now) that have been working flawlessly on me. I think they perfectly complement the facials that I've had because my skin is blooming! The only "downside" is that it has a touch of that rosey lola scent, but it's really not much of a big deal.
- Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash makes my skin healthy and smooth during and after bath time. I swear, I think I don't need to put lotion after using it.
- Ponds Correcting Cream* not sure of the name of this one because it's all in a different language. But it's pink, around 100 Pesos, and has a powdery finish. I love it! It made my pimple scars lighter and my skintone more even.
I also like to mention these pretty nail polishes from The Face Shop. These are better in terms of consistency and I love that the brush is wide enough to cover the width of my nail. It makes the application process easier. I only use 1 coat, because that's good enough to last 3-4 days.
These ones from Revlon are good as well in terms of color and "long-lastingness". It says for a week, for the gel ones, even more than that!
Finally, I've recently colored my hair. I didn't do a flawless job but it looks "okay". haha! I used L'Oreal's Excellence Creme in 6.30 and it comes with 4 solutions for a safe and easy haircoloring process. I like that this doesn't sting my head while I wait for it to set. The scent is amazing and the color feedback is impressive even on my thick, black hair. I recommend this for first time haircoloring DIY-err. But 1 box if you have short to mid-length hair.
So that's it! I hope you enjoyed reading my quick review. If you want to suggest products, let me know in the comments below!